Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Apparently...we're moving!!

What just happened?????

That's what I'm thinking right now....What just happened?  lol...

Yep, we're definitely moving!  Here's how it started.....This past Friday (9/17) I'm at home & get a knock on the door.  It was a real estate agent that left her business card & on the back of the card she wrote that she had a couple looking to buy a home on the lake and loved our property and would pay cash, call if interested.  So after telling Blake about it he told me to give her a call and tell her our price (an extremely high price since we weren't looking to move by the way).  So I called her, she came in to look at our house and proclaimed how much they would love it.  She calls them that night and they were excited to look at our house.  They ended up coming over on Sunday while we were in Shreveport at my brother's b-day party at the horse races.  We got back in town around 6, the realtor came over at 7 and went over the details and what they offered to buy our house.  We gave her another price and our details of what we wanted....She calls me back Monday morning and tells me they've accepted our offer and we have now sold our house!  That's right...random knock on the door Friday and house sold on Monday!  Insane! 

So what are we going to do now???  And am I sad that we're moving out of the "first home" we built and Wylan's first nursery...oh my gosh...YES...but very excited at the same time!  Something new and different...a new journey....

We started looking at houses on Monday...found 2 we liked.  One is brand new, bigger than our house now, but FEELS smaller....the other is a fairly new house, but very bare and we'd have to majorly remodel.  We looked at the 2 again today and we both didn't quite feel right about them.  Something was really holding me back and along with the realtor telling us there's not a whole lot for sale at the moment...we started throwing around the idea of BUILDING AGAIN! 

We have a favorite neighborhood so I drove around today taking a look at the lot's for sale and called the owner.  After talking with him I called Blake to let him know what all he said.  We ended up meeting with him this afternoon and are now excited about buying a lot and building!  So here we are.....Friday, someone wants to buy our house and Tuesday, we want to build a new house.  It's crazy what all can happen in just a few days!!! 

We have to be out of our house by October 22nd...so yes, in a month!!! ahhhhh!!! So soon!  Where are we going until our new house gets built?  Luckily, Blake's parents still have a house in Texarkana that's big enough for us to stay in until our house is ready...which will hopefully only be less than 6 months...I'm hoping for 4 months, but not getting my hopes up. 

So tomorrow I'm starting on all the packing!  Blake says all our things will have to go into a few storage rooms for now. Our lives are going to be hectic for the next 6 months (hopefully less!), but that's life and although hectic, we'll get by and everything will be ok.  

The only thing I'm truly sad about is Wylan's nursery.  I worked so hard making his nursery perfect for him and now someone is going to come in and paint over it (his mural).  But I'll be ok...lol.  I'll always have pictures! And I probably won't paint it again in his new room because it was so time consuming and just very hard to do, but I'll think of something else and it will be fun creating something new for him.  And I guess there are other things I'm sad about too...like it being our first home together...we moved into the night we were married.  So this house has been so special to us.  We have very much enjoyed this house...but again...it's the start of a new journey.  The sweet thing about it is that we're selling to an older couple that have retired and just want to live on the lake and fish and be happy.  They plan on staying here forever.  So I hope they enjoy it as much as we did. 

Goodbye house...Hello new house, new neighbors, new journey's, good times!